It didn’t take me long to fall in love with these fritters. The addition of the apple cider vinegar and squeeze of lemon gives these little pancakes the perfect amount of kick. I loved playing with the flavors. Adding in fresh ground cloves and nutmeg.
Paleo friendly and great for cooking in batches. They reheat well – or are perfect just from the fridge.
Side Note…you can use these in place of a piece of bread for an open faced sandwich!
2 cups zucchini, grated & strained (I usen a cheese cloth to strain the extra water)
1 clove garlic
2 scallions, diced
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (I used Bragg’s)
1/4 tsp nutmeg, fresh ground (optional…a little of this stuff goes a long way!)
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup almond flour (add 1 Tbsp at a time)
Ghee or Coconut Oil (for pan fry)
1. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, flour, S&P, nutmeg till combined
2. Add in the zucchini, garlic, and scallion until well combined
3. If the batch appears too liquidity, you can add in some extra almond flour
4. Add about an 1/8 inch coconut oil to pan (you can use ghee instead)
5. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into a pan
6. Cook until they hold together, flipping once as you would a standard pancake
7. Best served warm, with garnish of chives and squeeze of fresh lemon