Almond milk is a great alternative to cow’s milk! Most store bought almond milks are filled with additional ingredients. Silky, fresh almond milk is best when made from scratch at home.
Soaking 8 hours
Blend and Squeeze 10 minutes
1 cup raw, unsalted almonds
3 cups filtered water, plus filtered water for soaking the almonds
1 tsp vanilla powder, or 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1. Soak the almonds overnight in filtered water.
2. Drain and rinse the almonds well and place in a blender.
3. Add the vanilla, sea salt, and 3 cups filtered water to the blender and blend on high for 20-30 seconds.
4. Pour the almond mixture from the blender through a fine-mesh strainer bag into a bowl.
5. Squeeze the bag over the bowl until all the almond milk is strained out.
6. Store for a maximum of 3 days in a glass bottle in the refrigerator, and shake before using as the contents separate when they sit.